Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finally!! Short road trip - 7.12.2011

Howdy Folks!

Well, as some of you may know, I had hernia surgery almost two weeks ago now, and today, I finally tried going out for a drive. Yesterday the hernia felt really good, and I am now able to walk without the limp :)
My hernia was near my groin region so it has made sitting down very difficult, and obviously, walking as well, has been interesting.

But, onto the good news. I went for a small drive out to Kananaskis, over the Highwood Pass, then back to Calgary through Longview. It started to get uncomfortable about 45 minutes away from home...and when I got home it was quite painful. Yes, I know, I shouldn't push it too much..but I'm an idiotic male sometimes, what I can I say LOL!
I was able to see a Coyote running into the woods, a couple of deer, and TONS of Rocky Mountain Sheep, along the Highway 40. I was able to snap a couple of shots of the mountain sheep, so all in all a good couple of hours this afternoon.

The pain has now gone (again..) and the swelling has gone down, so that's good. I've been off pain killers for about 6 days now, but took one today when I got back from the drive.

Thing are looking up, so it shouldn't be too much longer until I'm able to sit for a while and drive around taking photos :)

Not a "fantastic" day of photos, but it was just great to be able to get out there again and enjoy the scenery, the fresh air, and the wildlife that I did get to see!! :)

Until next time..

Fotoman

www.nyphotos.ca
www.facebook.com/fotoman.neil
www.flickr.com/photos/nyphotosca

No comments:

Post a Comment