Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cabo San Lucas - Day 3

Cabo San Lucas - Mexico

Day 3 

Early to rise today, and went to La Baja California restaurant for their breakfast buffet. Over breakfast, we decided that we would go to into the town of Cabo. It would only be a 20 minute walk from the hotel, but we decided to pay the one dollar and take the public bus into town. 

This certainly was an experience. It was an old schoolbus, and their destinations (stops) were painted on the windshield in what looked like white paint. We were all sat troop style (down the sides) and no seat belts.

Our Sunwing guide told us to get off at the mall stop, which we did, and the other people from the resort obviously hadn't checked and they were going to stay on until they saw us getting off and they talked to the driver to confirm that's where they should get off. The mall was interesting, and they have some high end stores in there, along with the regular stores selling shirts, and things. 

The marina was gorgeous, with gorgeous boats all over the place! We headed towards the flea market and the peddlers on the way there were relentless. They don't want to take no for an answer. T bought a nice silver bracelet. Everything we saw there was labeled 92.5% silver. Not sure if this was true or not.
I was after a Mexico soccer jersey for my mate Tim as he provided us a ride to the airport and back from the airport when we get back to Calgary. And he let me park my car at his place for the week we were gone. They weren't "official" (Adidas sponsored) but they're pretty decent.

Going through the flea market, everyone has a "special price" just for you, and everyone pretty much sells the same thing. Bartering is an art in itself, that's for sure. I did manage to get a nice silver chain for a decent price of $70.

We decided to go to Sammy Hagar's bar Cabo Wabo, for lunch. They had Corona on special 2 for 1, so we had a few Corona, and some appetizers. Afterwards, we went to the souvenir shop there, and bought some small bottles of Cabo Wabo tequila, and a big bottle of the longest aged Tequila. Also I bought some guitar pics...hopefully get my acoustic guitar soon so that I can play it with the new pics! :)

After lunch and walking back to the mall, we went by a high end jewelry store where an armed guard was outside with his shotgun. He could barely speak English, but he was really nice and posed for a couple of photos for me.

After taking a taxi back to the hotel, we chilled at one of the outdoor courtyard bars. My burned shoulders were starting to hurt so like most others, I sat there with my shirt off..this time with my back to the sun though lol
The crowd of newly arrived holiday goers were gathering at the bar and commenting on the burn, and we had some pretty great laughs. We met a couple from Edmonton, Calgary, and a family from Minnesota. Some really nice people at the resort that we met, that's for sure.

Dinner was at 8:30 at the Italian restaurant, and I had an amazing Risotto with seafood. Great service and food all around.

Then, sat on the balcony and had a Tequila and seven with my small bottles of my Cabo Wabo tequila. YUMMY!!

Stay tuned for more updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment